A trip to Telouet, in the middle of the Atlas. From here, the Glaoui, for several centuries controlled the passage of caravans bringing to Marrakech the goods from Black Africa.
After breakfast, morning departure by Land Rover via the Tizi n’tichka pass, the highest road pass in Morocco and all of North Africa. Shortly after the pass, you leave the main road to reach the village of Telouet. You will begin by visiting the ancient kasbah of Glaoui which, for five centuries, controlled the passage of caravans bringing back to Marrakech the products of sub-Saharan Africa.
Then to the tasga restaurant hostel located a few kilometers away, on the banks of the oued, in the middle of an orchard.
Upon arrival, you will be invited to visit the kitchen where your lunch is prepared. Here you will receive some information about the preparation of Berber bread, baked in the traditional oven. You can also see your tajine simmering on the embers.
Breakfast at hostel.
Then we invite you to a walk in the neighboring douars. Although they are close to Telouet, they are also away from the traditional itineraries and this has allowed them to remain very authentic. You will see the remains of ancient Kasbahs, some three or four centuries old. A little further, Springs the sacred fish.
Back at the hostel, the ladies will be offered to try out a traditional Berber outfit.
A Moroccan snack will allow you to return to the road in the best conditions.
Back to Marrakech in the late afternoon
OUR OFFER INCLUDES
- All services according to the program above
- Lunch and lunch in Telouet
- The visit of the Kasbah of Telouet with the remuneration of the guide
- Travel by Land ROVER with driver, all expenses included. The car can carry the driver and six passengers.
- Local taxes
OUR OFFER DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Drinks, extra and all personal expenditure
- Any benefit not explicitly mentioned above
- There are no alcoholic beverages at the hostel
- Organization on request, subject to availability of cars, rooms and all services necessary for the realization of the circuit
- These rates do not include Christmas and New Year’s supplements.